- The East Belfast Arts Festival has begun! Check out the program for Music, Comedy, Visual art & more. Last year I saw Dan Gordon in what is known as The Shipyard church give a truly entertaining account of growing up in 'The East' as part of the festival. One of my favourite Belfast based music photographers, Carrie Davenport has an exhibition running throughout the festival. This girl's gig photography is stunning.
- Look out for some Art in the Eastside, running for 2 weeks alongside EBAF.
- Expect some serious jamming sessions at the 22nd Annual Bluegrass Music Festival at the Ulster American Folk Park in Omagh. Why can I suddenly hear banjo strumming?
- The one day Harvest Music festival comes to Greyabbey Estate on Saturday. With Duke Special and The Villagers to headline, this is one of those small but big festivals.
- I seem to have unwittingly seen The Staves about 4 times now in Ireland (photo above, Electric Picnic 2012, I need tips from Carrie Davenport). They have supported Ben Howard, Michael Kiwanuka, James Vincent McMorrow amongst others and have played numerous festivals in the last 18 months. They have toured non-stop and seriously grafted. They will not be encouraging you to wave any glowsticks, but they are 3 girls with the clearest voices & perfect harmonies which are showcased on their beautiful folk melodies. See them in Bangor Abbey on Friday evening.
- Ireland’s biggest Airshow returns to the beautiful seaside setting of Portrush at the weekend. Remember to look up.
- The glamour of the country will be brought to Belfast on Saturday with Polo in the City 2013 in aid of Mencap. Dress like a Royal and get down to Lower Botanic Playing Fields.
- My golfing husband would perhaps not be too pleased if I did not mention The NI Open at Galgorm all weekend. There we go. Mentioned!
- What can you say about Marie Curie Nurses? Me, I have interacted with these angels in the most unfortunate of circumstances, and can honestly say that this, is a most worthy charity if ever there was one. Join the twilight Walk Ten Belfast at Stormont Estate on Friday night in support of them or give what you can to someone you know is participating. For the Angels. X
Jude Malone is a Photographer and Designer based in Belfast, Northern Ireland. She loves having a trip to look forward to, live music, proper coffee and cluttering up her coffee tables with really nice festival programs.