- Are you out tonight for Arthur's Day? A bit of controversy around this year with Christy Moore dubbing it "alcoholiday". Take from it what you will. Belfast's own David Holmes plays The Pavillion Bar. I remember listening to his Album 'Let's get Killed' on repeat at Uni and thinking I was ever so cool....
- The 2013 'Belly Laughs' Belfast Comedy Festival is running from 25th September - 6th October. I'll be taking their comedy tour tomorrow evening. Famous names include Phil Jupitus & Ruby Wax. Look out for Abandoman at The Empire. I have seen them twice before - pretty original stuff.
- If you are a guitar fan, check out The Ards Guitar Festival, beginning today. Join the free tours of the Avalon Guitar Factory to see some master craftsmanship. Played by the likes of Bruce Springsteen & David Gray, they are allowed to boast.
- Can a Northern Irish building win the Stirling Prize tonight? The Giant’s Causeway Visitors Centre, by Irish architects Heneghan Peng is in with a chance. Read this great write up on the Place blog by the talented Jane Larmour. Fingers crossed.
- The beautiful Merchant Hotel is hosting a series of 'Fashion Teas' this weekend. I'll be attending the finale show on Sunday. It will take me 3 days to decide what to wear!
- The Grand Opera House is having a family open day on Sunday between 10am-3pm. There will be lots of attractions, tours and performances to enjoy.
- Celebrate Belfast on Sunday with a host of multi-cultural events at The City Hall as it is actual 'Belfast Day!'.
I may need a teleporter as I will be shooting a wedding in beautiful Fermanagh on Saturday - forecast looks good though!