- The Belfast Nashville Songwriters Festival is coming back for it's 10th Year. This music festival highlights and showcases the sometimes hidden songwriter and reminds us that a love of music twins our city with Nashville. I love an intimate gig and my favourite from the festival last year was a young singer songwriter who I love called Rae Morris (supporting Bombay Bicycle club on their current tour). As someone who attempts to sing along to some of my bad piano playing I will, one day get to the Festival's songwriting workshop for some much needed guidance.
- The Lyric is still celebrating the work of playwright Brian Friel with 'Philadelphia, here I come!' and 'Molly Sweeney'. Quote 'FRIEL' when booking to get 20% off ticket prices, or sign up for £10 Sunday standby tickets.
- Have you ever visited 'The Theatre at The Mill'? (photo above). I had great pleasure taking photographs inside the venue for a production last year (blog post coming soon!) and was so impressed with the building, surroundings and facilities. They have a great program for Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- The ever fabulous Belfast Community Gospel Choir are performing on Friday Night at St Peter's Cathedral, Falls Road. Proceeds in aid of St John Eye Hospital in Jerusalem, and Holy Family Maternity Hospital in Bethlehem. I had the great pleasure meeting some members on Monday night.
- Comedy at The Mac with Liam Williams on Friday night and Drama at The Crescent Arts Centre from 27 Feb 2014 - 1 Mar 2014 with performances of 'All There Is'.
- The Oh Yeah Centre is always on my radar and I hope to get down on Monday evening to see James Bay. I saw him supporting Kodaline last year - just a guy, his songs and a guitar. Great. If you are at a loose end on Sunday, the family friendly Acoustic Picnics have begun at the Centre, on every Sunday in March. Bring a picnic, listen or perform!
Well, I'm going to try my best to bring weekend corner back and keep up with it! There are so many great websites out there where you can find out extensive lists of the wonderful events and festivals that are happening in Northern Ireland, so all I want to do is highlight a few things that catch my eye which might be of interest if you have nothing planned for the coming weekend...Do let me know if it's useful!
Jude Malone is a Photographer and Designer based in Belfast, Northern Ireland. She loves having a trip to look forward to, live music, proper coffee and cluttering up her coffee tables with really nice festival programs.